This face cream was formulated be both moisturizing and nourishing, leaving a mat and sooth finish. It can therefore be used after a face washing, shower or after swimming.
- Essential oils and preservatives should be adde dafter the preparation, for a better efficiency.
- You can pick up Palmarosa and Lavender for their delicious smell and repair action, Tea Tree for its strong antibacterial/antiacne properties – in combination with Niaouli for the same purpose, Roman Chamomile if you have a rosacea-prone skin (vascular properties), or Ylang-Ylang for its sebum regulation action.
- The “Cosgard” preservative is a relatively mild mixture of an alcohol and an acid, approved by organic cosmetic charts (e.g. the Cosmebio Label “Cosmos” referential).
- Amounts are expressed as masses, in %. 100g correspond to 2 or 3 cream containers, and enable to properly mix (below 50mL it starts getting hard).
- Beware that if you prepare exactly 100g for a 100 mL flask, you’have a small excedent. Why? Because of the lower density of oils (100 mL weigh only 80g, so 100g take a volume of… 125 mL!)
- a precision scale (0.1 g),
- a heating plate + pots or a heating bowl,
- a funnel + coffee filter (if you do the infusion),
- an electric hand blender
- a soft spatula and spoons
- Infuse green tea (a fair amount) in a bit more than the volume of water you need (preferentially deionized or distilled – as it will increase the cream shelf-life)
- Put the bees wax and the emulsifier in the hot water bath until they melt (patience as the wax only melts above 60°C) – si on préfère les beurres végétaux, les ajouter ici
- When melt, add the vegetable oil and mix all fats with a spoon
- On the side, filtrate the tea and add the aloe vera gel
- Mix both phases (lipidic and aqueous) (the order is not importance, but they should have similar temperatures to avoid the fat to set)
- Mixer all with an electric blender for a few secondes, until getting a white and homogeneous appearance (3 seconds shouls be enough!)
- Let cool down for a few minutes until roughly 30°C
- Add a few drops of essential oils of your choice and of preservative (for example the Cosgard / Geogard 221) and blend again with a whip or fork.
- Pour it in the final packaging (opaque is better for fat preservation – you can cover glass with sitcky labels, and get creative)
Your face cream is ready ! It can be stored in a fridge before being used.
Now it’s up to you to play with your own ingredients and actives =)
Please leave all questions or suggestions in the comments below!