This lipstick contains only gentle ingredients, while providing a pleasant texture (It shall not melt in your pocket !)
It mainly contains fats, the white clay is facultative. It brings some firmness, and makes the result more mat and discrete. It can be used by men and women. Optionally, you can add 2 grams of honey if you like it (caution: it gets hard to keep it on the lips !).
While any vegetable oil can be used, the choice of the vegetable butter will slightly impact the texture. Shea has a perfect texture, coco brings a nice smell but is softer and will result in a more shiny appearance than shea butter.
Citrus or any fruit essential oils are a good fit for lipstick.
You can add natural colors such as anthocyanins extracts from fruits and vegetables. They will bring a pinkish or reddish hue to your lipstick.
Grapeseed extract can be used for preservation purposes for its richness in antioxidants.
- Melt the beeswax and the butter together, add the oil.
- Facultative ingredients: add here the clay or the honey, and mix.
- Let it cool down to 40°C (in order to prevent burns)
- Add the essential oils (and grapeseed extract if you have some, for preservation)
- pour it into the countainers.
- Leave it cool for a few hours in a fridge.
With 100 mL, you can prepare 5 to 8 lipstiks !
Note: as the most expensive in lipstick may be the packaging. So why not reuse the old commercial lipstick packagings? (after cleaning and rinsing with alcohol)
Please tell me what you think of this recipe !