While any vegetable oil can be used, the choice of the vegetable butter will slightly impact the texture. Shea has a perfect texture, coco brings a nice smell but is softer and will result in a more shiny appearance than shea butter.
The white clay is facultative: it brings some firmness, and makes the result more mat and discrete.
You can also add a teaspoon of honey.
You can add natural colors such as anthocyanins extracts from fruits and vegetables. They will bring a discrete pinkish or reddish hue to your lipstick.
Grapeseed extract can be used for preservation purposes, thanks to its richness in antioxidants.
- Melt the beeswax and the butter together, add the oil.
- Facultative ingredients: add here the clay or the honey, and mix.
- Let it cool down to 40°C (in order to prevent burns)
- Add the essential oils (and grapeseed extract)
- pour it rapidly into the countainers – it hardens quite fast
- Leave it cool for a few hours in a fridge.
With 100 mL, you can prepare 5 to 8 lipstiks !
Note: packaging from commercial lipsticks can be reused after thorough cleaning with alcohol.
Please tell me what you think of this recipe !