Welcome to this new site on cosmetics and hygiene products formulation !
- You are looking for recipes to create your own products
- You’re curious about the formula of the products you use everyday
- You doubt about the efficiency of natural products
Then this site should answer your questions.
Let’s start by 5 reasons for starting to make your own cosmetics and hygiene products:
- It’s fun and gratifying: you’ll feel like both a chemist and a cook !
- Your products will be efficient and specifically designed for YOUR needs and preferences (fragrance, properties…)
- It’s cheaper: at the store, a good natural product can bey 2 or more times more expensive than a standard one. When you make your products, and know what and where to buy, you can considerably reduce the cost of this activity.
- It’s ecological : as YOU decide which ingredients you use, you can encourage:
> Local production, short distribution circuits, faire-trade…
> Organic cultural practices, non chemically-modified ingredients…
- It’s safe: as long as you apply the basics of cosmetics formulation, the products are more hypoallergenic than conventional ones. As for the risk of allergy, the traditional 24h skin test is recommended for sensitive skins.
Two categories are proposed:
- Ingredients & formulation basics
- Recipes of : Cosmetics, Hygiene, Cleaning products
Please contact me for any suggestion or comment !
About the author:
Hi, I’m Julie-Anne, plants & science lover. I investigate ingredients origin and usage, and test them by formulating products. My target is to create functional products with as few ingredients as possible, and the least transformed ingredients. We could call it minimalist cosmetics.
This site presents some of my recipes, with an attention given to explaining the choice of each ingredient and dosage. I hope it will inspire you to making your own daily products!